By Michael E. Schuckers
Compensating for this desire, this particular text/reference presents a simple statistical method for practitioners and testers of bioauthentication units, providing a suite of rigorous statistical tools for comparing biometric authentication structures. This framework of tools will be prolonged and generalized for quite a lot of purposes and tests.
This is the 1st unmarried source on statistical equipment for estimation and comparability of the functionality of biometric authentication platforms. The booklet specializes in six universal functionality metrics: for every metric, statistical equipment are derived for a unmarried procedure that includes self assurance durations, speculation checks, pattern measurement calculations, energy calculations and prediction periods. those equipment also are prolonged to permit for the statistical comparability and overview of a number of platforms for either self reliant and matched data.
Topics and features:
* presents a statistical method for the commonest biometric functionality metrics: failure to sign up (FTE), failure to obtain (FTA), fake non-match price (FNMR), fake fit cost (FMR), and receiver working attribute (ROC) curves
* offers equipment for the comparability of 2 or extra biometric functionality metrics
* Introduces a brand new bootstrap method for FMR and ROC curve estimation
* provides greater than one hundred twenty examples, utilizing publicly on hand biometric info the place possible
* Discusses the addition of prediction periods to the bioauthentication statistical toolset
* Describes sample-size and tool calculations for FTE, FTA, FNMR and FMR
Researchers, managers and judgements makers desiring to check biometric platforms throughout numerous metrics will locate inside this reference a useful set of statistical instruments. Written for an upper-level undergraduate or master’s point viewers with a quantitative heritage, readers also are anticipated to appreciate the subjects in a customary undergraduate records course.
Dr. Michael E. Schuckers is affiliate Professor of facts at St. Lawrence collage, Canton, new york, and a member of the heart for identity know-how Research.
Read Online or Download Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics) PDF
Best number systems books
Lawsuits from the 14th ecu convention for arithmetic in held in Madrid current cutting edge numerical and mathematical concepts. subject matters contain the newest functions in aerospace, info and communications, fabrics, strength and surroundings, imaging, biology and biotechnology, lifestyles sciences, and finance.
Alle Themen werden weitestgehend unter Verwendung von MATLAB bearbeitet. Dies erlaubt die Diskussion praxisorientierter Beispiele und die grafische Visualisierung. Die verwendeten MATLAB-Programme werden ausführlich kommentiert und dem Leser als Begleitsoftware auf der Homepage des Autors zur Verfügung gestellt.
Meshfree tools, particle equipment, and generalized finite point equipment have witnessed substantial improvement because the mid Nineties. The turning out to be curiosity in those equipment is due in half to the truth that they're extremely flexible numerical instruments and will be interpreted in a couple of methods. for example, meshfree tools should be considered as a ordinary extension of classical finite point and finite distinction ways to scattered node configurations with out mounted connectivity.
This edited quantity highlights the clinical contributions of Volker Mehrmann, a number one professional within the sector of numerical (linear) algebra, matrix idea, differential-algebraic equations and regulate thought. those mathematical examine components are strongly comparable and infrequently ensue within the similar real-world purposes.
- Exploiting Hidden Structure in Matrix Computations: Algorithms and Applications: Cetraro, Italy 2015 (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Image Analysis, Random Fields and Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods: A Mathematical Introduction (Stochastic Modelling and Applied Probability)
- Fundamentals of Stochastic Filtering (Stochastic Modelling and Applied Probability)
- Plasticity: Mathematical Theory and Numerical Analysis: 9 (Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics)
- Optimization on Metric and Normed Spaces (Springer Optimization and Its Applications)
Additional info for Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics)